CMR and GFH Key Clubs participate in International Convention

The most important part of being a person is serving and helping the community in which you live. That is exactly what CMR Key Club strives to do.

The members of CMR Key Club achieved high marks at the 63rd Montana District of Key Club International Convention in Billings, MT March 6-8, 2011. These are the results.

CMR students received 100% in both Reporter and Secretary reporting, the 7 for 75 Award, 2nd place Single Service Award, 1st place Service Hours Award, and 1st place in Ladder points.

They also raised the most money for UNICEF in the district, earning them the Operation Uruguay award. They achieved the level of Bronze level MEP, and they were appointed Key Club of the Year in the Montana District.

They also earned the highest recognized award give to a Key Club by the International organization: Key Club Internationals Distinguished Club Diamond Level Award.

Not only did the entire Key Club do an exceptional job, but a few students stood out from the rest.

Leslie Bellwood was appointed Outstanding Reporter and got 2nd place for Non Traditional Scrapbook, Valerie Oldfield for Outstanding Treasurer, Outstanding Vice President was Echo Klassen, the Governor Award went to James Bamfield, and Taymee Brandon achieved Outstanding Vice President and the Dewey Hanson Memorial Scholarship.

Great Falls High School also earned their way through the competition taking 1st place in Best Original Banner, and Elizabeth Gilligan earned Lieutenant Governor.

The Key Club will be electing new officials for next year in the coming weeks, and will continue working to help the Great Falls community and their school.