Spring fever proves to be a problem for kids

Sophie Kluge, Staff Writer

With February ending so quickly and March moving so fast, May, also known as graduation month, is right around the corner.  Juniors are ready to be seniors, and seniors are ready to move on.

Senior Madeline Griessmer wants to become a marine biologist after college. The last stretch of high school has taken a toll on her motivation, though.

“Honestly, it’s hard to focus on school anymore,” she said. Griessmer said that she’s so excited to graduate that she has a hard time in some classes where teachers expect more out of her. She stressed that the last couple months of the year are worse than the others because graduation is getting close.

“I didn’t have this feeling first semester, but now it’s getting bad,” Griessmer said. With the full kick of senioritis hitting her, spring break should feel like a breath of fresh air, but Griessmer said that because the break is short, it will feel like there was no break at all.

“I love breaks, so having time off and then coming back, I feel more focused,” she said, even though a longer break would mean graduating later. Griessmer also thinks that the teachers are even picking up on their excitement for the end of the year.

“I feel like the teachers already think we are experiencing senioritis so they have kind of stopped interacting with us and lecturing everyday,” she said. Overall, Griessmer is excited to move on to the next chapter of life, and with the school year coming to an end, it all feels too real.