• 26 Pebbles - Mar. 27 - 30

• Spring Break -- April 22 - 26

• Prom -- March 23

Senioritis, some have it, and some don’t

Sophie Kluge and Maggie Petersen

Time is just a construct, but high school is a force to be reckoned with, it is one that changes an individual from beginning to end. From the intimidatingly long halls in the eyes of a freshman, to the all too familiar calls of senioritis, perspective truly defines the years of a teenager.

“I thought I’d fall behind from all the homework and everything but I’m doing fine,” Freshman Kairi Lising said. Though she admits to being intimidated by high school at first, she soon fell into step with the rest of her peers. Soon, high school opened many doors for her.

“I’m really excited because there are so many more classes I get to take,” Lising said. It is a well known fact that the middle school curriculum is limited at best. Though she isn’t the biggest fan of math, Lising is excited for all the other learning opportunities open to her.

“I’m in the drama department and it’s been a lot of fun,” Lising said. She has already participated in several theater extracurriculars in “The Sound of Music” and attended Thespian Festival. High School had and has much in store for Lising.

As for senior Connor Rearden, he’s ready to move on.

“I am really looking forward to graduating,” he said. However ready he is, Rearden still admits that he will miss CMR and all the memories he’s made here.

“I’m going to miss the people and the school,” he said, but his ultimate goal is to just have a fun and carefree last year. Rearden said that the hardest part of senior year is classes that still give out homework, along with knowing that a lot of “first lasts” are coming. From the first last day of high school, to the first last football game that he played in, Rearden knows it’ll be hard to leave high school for good.

“It’s weird knowing I had my last football game and stuff, it’s kind of sad but there’s a bright future ahead,” he said.

About the Writers
Sophie Kluge, News and Opinion editior

Sophie Kluge is the news and opinion editor for The Stampede. She is a senior and has been on staff for two years and took the Intro to Journalism class...

Maggie Petersen, Staff writer

Maggie Petersen is a staff writer for the Stampede newspaper. This is her first year as a journalist. However, her passion for words has blossomed over...