PDA’s in the hallway are not necessary

The halls of CMR are an interesting place; they hold all the students and the many different interactions between them.

But one interaction seems to draw the most attention from students and teachers alike: PDA, or Public Display of Affection.

There are many sides to the argument, but what it boils down to is a giant competition.

By this I mean that there is really no other reason for a PDA than to show off for your friends.

No one is so much in “love” that they need to be constantly in physical contact with their significant other, so the only other reason for the physical displays would be to wave around your “trophy”, which happens to be a human being.

I don’t know if this year I have paid more attention than in years past, but it seems to me that the number of PDA’s has increased. It is not necessary.

Trust me. No one cares how much you “love” your partner. The only reason passersby look is because through some unspoken rule it has been decided that the perfect makeout spot is right in the middle of a busy hallway, effectively blocking the flow of people.

I think the only reason students grapple onto each other is to win some imaginary contest with themselves.

So here is my proposed solution. In the future if you would kindly step three feet to the side I could go on my way, but until then I will fully support the enforcement of the “no PDA” rule. I will quietly chuckle when Crosby runs after you singing his catchy tune.