Leann Williams

CMR mathematics teacher Leann Williams enjoyed school growing up, so becoming a teacher was a natural progression into the workforce.

“I loved school; I tried to be the teacher’s pet. I was always handing out papers and raising my hand.”

While in her sixth year teaching mathematics at C. M. Russell High School, Williams has been from Fort Benton, to Dillon, and to here in Great Falls where her career is.

While younger, Williams loved school, a great trait for a teacher, and always raised her hand, asked to hand out papers, and any other task to help out a teacher.

Williams attended high school in Fort Benton, where she graduated in 2001.To further her education, she enrolled at University of Montana Western, where she went on to graduate in fall of 2005. After graduating, Williams got the job teaching math at CMR.

According to Williams, one of the best parts of being a staff member at a school is being able to develop relationships with all the staff members and students.

Outside of school, the most thrilling thing Williams has done is go zip lining at Big Mountain. Williams also has taken trips to New York City and Orlando, where she experienced museums, theme parks, and historical landmarks.

But even though school bores some kids, Williams still is excited by school.

“I love getting to know and work with students every day.”