New technology generates interest

It seems these days technology is getting better and better by the minute. It’s amazing that in just a few years humanity went from the brand new cordless phone to cellular phones that can fit in the palm of your hand.

And with the click of a mouse one can access anything they desire. Music, research, and games are all available to anyone on the planet with an internet connection. Some say this is dangerous, that technology is taking over the brains of our youth; however I just can’t get enough.

This year I am hoping to see several new technological advances. From iPod to android to new computers, this year will be one of the best.

One of the most enticing items I am looking forward to in 2011 is an iPad tablet computer.

Since iPads and other such tablets do not have keyboards, this inserts your iPad into a frame which turns your device into a usable computer.

This is convenient for people who have quick documents or e-mails to type up but don’t have the resources for a brand new laptop.

Also, after doing a little research online, I came across Knowledge Vision. This is a new, stronger version of Microsoft PowerPoint.

With features such as synchronizing PowerPoint, audio, and video into one online presentation, this is proving to be the next big step in business.

Continuing on, something I am definitely saving up for this year is the new iPod touch-4th generation. Finally I can have a device where I can have a face-to-face conversation with friends even when they’re not by my side.

With a camera on the front and back of this handheld technology, Apple definitely took the next step in Face Time. 

On the other hand, one aspect in technology I cannot stand is the digital reader. Applications such as Nook and Kindle are ridiculous. It totally takes away the joy of reading a good book. I don’t find digital readers even remotely easier to carry around compared to by good ol’’’’ Jane Austen novel.

So I admit, I’m a tech geek. I love my technology and I can’t wait for what 2011 has in store for me—technology-wise.