Pick a flick

The month of October is bursting with many important dates, the major ones to note being Homecoming at the beginning of the month and Halloween at the end. Whenever there is time for a break, like on a weekend, I choose to sit down, relax, and enjoy a great move. There are a ton of flicks out there to watch, and some I have to wait for to come out. Out of all the DVDs being released this month, here are a few I recommend for a movie night.

The first movie I highly recommend is “The Avengers”. S.H.I.E.L.D. requests the help of six heroes, featuring Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Iron Man (Robert Downy, Jr.), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and the Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) to avenge the world against the mischievous Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and the unpredictable power of the Tesseract. This fast-paced, action-packed movie of 142 minutes was released by Marvel Studios on Sept. 25; rated PG-13 for violence and some language.

The second flick I recommend is “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted. This animated tale follows our favorite zoosters Alex (Ben Stiller), Marty (Chris Rock), Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith) and Melman (David Schwimmer) and their struggle to make it back to the New York Zoo. This time their journey takes them to Europe, trying to make it to North America, where they are relentlessly pursued by Captain Chantel DuBois, a fanatical animal control officer. This 92 minute movie will be released by DreamWorks on Oct. 16, rated PG for all audiences.