Brian Held to join CMR administrative team

Brian Held has been selected for the position of Associate Principal for C.M. Russell High School. Held will replace Kerry Parsons, who will move into the position of principal at East Middle School for the 2013-2014 school year.

Held has worked in the Great Falls Public Schools since 2008.  He currently teaches Health Enhancement at Sacajawea Elementary School.  His other work experiences include: Business Education—Billings Catholic School System 2005-2007 school year; Business Education —Savage Public Schools—1993-2005; and basketball and track coaching – 1990-2013.

In his current position at Sacajawea, Held has served on the school safety team, supported the school administration by serving in the office when the principal is out of the building, facilitating various building initiatives, and serving as the building student wellness advocate. He has coached basketball at both East and North middle schools.

In his previous work experience, Held served on budget analysis teams, student achievement and testing committees, curriculum development for business education, a district policy development committee, and collective bargaining teams.

Held earned a Masters of Educational leadership from the University of Montana.  He also received a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Valley City University in North Dakota, and he holds endorsements in Business and Physical Education.

He was selected among three in-district candidates that were interviewed on May 3.  The interview team was comprised of school district administrators and C.M. Russell staff.  The hiring will be finalized by the Board of Trustees at their regular meeting on May 13 at 7 p.m. at the District Offices, 1100 4th St. S.

“All of the candidates were very strong, making our decision a difficult one. Mr. Held’s years of varied experience will lend nicely to his transition to his new position and his talents and strengths will complement the leadership team at our high school,” CMR principal Dick Kloppel said.