• No school November 21 - 23 (Thanksgiving Break)

• The Sound of Music -7 p.m. in Bill Williamson Hall Nov.29 -Dec.1 and Dec. 6 - Dec. 8

• Early out Nov. 2 -- end of quarter

D. A. Davidson Co. provides STEM support

Construction continues on the STEM addition at C. M. Russell High School on July 1.

Beth Britton

Beth Britton

PRESS RELEASE: Great Falls Public Schools Foundation

July 9, 2018

Local firm provides major gift to CMR STEM Building

D. A. Davidson Companies, working in conjunction with the Foundation, will donate $150,000 for equipment and signage at the C. M. Russell High School (CMR) STEM Building.

D. A. Davidson Companies are strong supporters of public education in Great Falls. Their employees serve on the Foundation Board providing leadership and support.  They actively participate in the truck raffle and donate the lay-out of the Foundation annual report.

The contribution came with a request for signage on the outside of the STEM Building. The signage will be near the STEM Building entrance – “STEM Center Supported by D. A. Davidson Companies.

Construction and refurbishment of GFPS facilities resulting from the $99 million bond levy passage has generated interest from community members to make donations to enhance the new buildings and remodels further. Donations often come with a request for recognizing the donation with the names of the donors.

The Foundation has recently facilitated these type of gifts for the soccer field at Memorial Stadium, Giant Springs Elementary School Media Center, and CMR Fitness Center.

Great Falls Public Schools (GFPS) Board held a special board meeting to consider a naming request from the GFPS Foundation.

GFPS Board Policy 8451 – Naming of Buildings and Grounds, allows a sponsor to request the naming of a district facility.

A standing committee, appointed by the Superintendent, evaluated the naming request and made a recommendation to the District Board.

The request to recognize the significant contribution to enhance the CMR STEM Building by placing signage with donor names caused Superintendent Lacey to appoint a Naming Committee, which was chaired by Foundation Executive Director Dave Crum.

A STEM education is important because it increases the students’ understanding of how things work and improves their use of technology. STEM education increases problem-solving skills, critical thinking, analytical thinking, and better real-world connections to the curriculum.

About the Photographer
Beth Britton, adviser

Beth Britton advises the Russellog yearbook and the Stampede newspaper. She is in her 16th year at CMR. Britton earned a B.A. in English and a M.A. in journalism. She grew up in Great Falls and moved back to town in 2001. Outside of school, she enjoys hiking, riding her bike along the River’s Edge Trail and playing the string bass in the Great Falls Symphony. She is obsessed with Golden retrievers.

• D. A. Davidson Co. provides STEM support

Top Stories

Veteran’s Orchestra Concert

Uncategorized

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is a Success

Top Stories

Football game ends a successful Homecoming week

Top Stories

A wave of school spirit for Homecoming day 1

Top Stories

GFPS staff, school board tour new facilities

Top Stories

CMR welcomes class of 2022

Top Stories

Rustlers welcome 8th graders on Leap-Up Day

Top Stories

Colorful 2018 Russellog distributed to students

Slideshows

Students celebrate at crosstown pep assembly

Top Stories

AP Art exhibit reception set for May 4