Taking on a new chapter

Hannah Gange, Russellog Staff

Kendal Blades has enjoyed and made the most out of her high school career. She is looking forward to graduation and starting a new part of her life. 

“The things I will miss the most about high school is going to the games and all the traditions,” Blades said.

With support from her friends, family, and teachers, she will be taking her studies further and attending MSU to study pre-med in hopes of becoming a pediatrician or an ER physician. Blades is excited to be in a new place and meet new people. Not only is she looking forward to her future, but she also is looking forward to seeing her friends achieve their goals as well. 

“I am so excited to see where the next chapter takes both myself and all of my friends, we are all very passionate about the careers we want to pursue so watching them achieve their goals is something I’m looking forward to,” she said. 

Blades would like to give a thank you to all of her teachers but specifically one that has impacted her high school career the most, Christi Virts. 

“She always pushes me in and out of the classroom to be a better student and person,” Blades said. She admires her teaching style and enthusiasm for her job. Blades has been taking health science classes taught by Christi Virts to help prepare for her future career. 

She is excited for one last summer with her friends and family. She plans on going on lots of camping trips, hiking, and going to the lake.