Tramelli to transfer to GFHS

After seven years of wearing green and gold, Associate Principal Julie Tramelli is preparing to take out her blue and white again this fall.

She has held the AP position for the last seven years and is now being transferred to Great Falls High School for next year.

Tramelli said the decision came as quite a shock.

“We were basically told the day before it was announced,” she said. “First, [I felt] almost disbelief, like is this really happening… because I feel so comfortable and at home here, but then as I reflected on the change I guess I came to realize that I have a new professional opportunity to look forward to.”

After 22 years of teaching in six different schools, Tramelli decided to start a career at CMR, as an associated principal because of the “opportunity to work with students and teachers in a different capacity to impact positive change,” she said.

“[It’s] invigorating, highly challenging and rewarding, [and] good for the soul, so in other words it’s fun,” Tramelli said.

Tramelli is not exactly a stranger to Great Falls High School. She graduated as a Bison and previously taught there for nine years.

Tramelli will be switching places with GFHS Associate Principal Beth Gerhart and expects the move to be a smooth transition.

“We [both] want what’s best for kids and staff, so we’ll do everything in our power to make that happen, Tramelli said.

Although she admitted that she will miss the strong “sense of community” at CMR and the relationships she’s formed here she understands the district’s decision.

“The district is making some structural changes and are calling on a wide variety of leadership and experience among principals to move the district forward.”