The Vow: A New Outlook on Love

A few weeks ago, my two best friends, Alicia and Haley, and I went to go see the new chick flick, “The Vow.” I had been anticipating the chance to see this movie ever since I first saw the preview for it. I immediately fell in love with this movie.

It had everything in it from comedy to tear-jerking sad parts. It starts out at a movie theater, which two love struck twenty-some year-olds are walking out of hand in hand. They get in the car and drive away. They weren’t expecting what came next.  As they stopped the car at a stoplight, they weren’t paying much attention, and a semi comes barreling into the side of their car, sending the girl, Paige, through the front of the car. Once in the hospital, the man, Leo, is pretty beat up, but not nearly as bad off as Paige. He finds out that his wife is in a coma. When she awakens, she doesn’t remember anything from the day she was still in law school at a restaurant with her friends.

Leo tries to get her to remember him, but she just can’t. She can’t remember why she stopped talking to her parents. She can’t remember why she quit law school. And she can’t remember why she dumped her ex-boyfriend, Jeremy. Eventually, while staying with her family, she finds out why she stopped talking to her parents. She realizes she doesn’t like being in law school. And she realizes why she began going to an art college. Yet still no memories of Leo.

I won’t spoil how it ends, but let’s just say this movie had me on the edge of my seat and in a few scenes, bawling my eyes out. I suggest this movie to anyone, because it’s touching, and a truly beautiful love story.