• Last Day of School - June 6
  • GRADUATION - June 1
  • Last Day for Seniors - Class of 2024 -- MAY 29

“Catching Fire” sure to captivate audiences everywhere

CAUTION: THIS PREVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS

“May the odds be ever in your favor.”

This is a line many of us know; it is the signature line from the smash hit, “The Hunger Games.” But coming later this year, Lionsgate Production has another film to add to their belt, the anticipated sequel, “Catching Fire.”

“Catching Fire” follows the story of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), winner of the games in the previous film, and her adventures following being reinstated as District 12’s tribute, alongside Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson), her love interest from the first film.

Speaking of love interests, the infamous love triangle between Katniss, Peeta, and Katniss’ childhood friend, Gale Hawthorne (played by Liam Hemsworth) makes a starring role in the film, pressing the issue of “Team Peeta” or “Team Gale.”

The main plot of the film is the ever popular, believed to be non-existent, District 13, which was believed to be wiped out. Returning home after her victory tour, encounters runaways from District 8 who believe that the residents of the district are hiding in underground shelters.

Learning that it is now the 75th Hunger Games, otherwise known as the “Quarter Quell,” we find Katniss and Peeta re-entered into the games as tributes, being as only victors from each district are allowed to be chosen. But they still keep their mentor, Haymitch Abernathy (Woody Harelson), and Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks) and Cinna (Lenny Kravitz).

Well, that’s probably it for now. You’ll have to read the book or see the movie when it comes out, but I’m sure it’ll be a good one.

So, I release you now, into the world, to wait. Wait for the epic-ness that is about to sweep you off your feet coming summer 2013. “Catching Fire” is sure to be a movie that will captivate audiences everywhere.