Student shares her how-to on procrastinating shopping

Hannah Pospisil, Staff Writer

Some of us love it, some of us hate it, some of us become obsessed with it. What do I think about shopping? I simply don’t care.

Whether it be grocery shopping or shopping for clothes, I don’t care. However, I do enjoy dressing like a homeless man from the 90’s grunge era and labeling it as “fashion.”

I tend to put off shopping for a few days, and when I do show up to my favorite shabby thrift stores, I grab everything that looks like it would be on a Mac Demarco fan blog run by angsty teenage girls like myself. And if I decide I don’t like something I bought when I get home, my lazy self throws the clothing into the corner of my laundry room where it won’t be touched for months. That’s my perfectly uncomplicated process when shopping for clothes — and everything else.

I don’t grocery shop because I don’t have a car; but I feel like if I was the person in my family who had to handle the responsibility of getting essential things for my household I would be 1) Too lazy to do it, or 2) I would fail epically and forget half of the things I needed.

I’m a big procrastinator, even when I have to do something I want to do, and I know grocery shopping would be at the top of the list of “things I’ll do later” or I won’t do until my mother screams at me to do it.

I don’t have a Paypal because all of the money in it would be gone in a matter of seconds, so online shopping is out of reach for me. Even online shopping would be a task that would be put off for a few days.

Ah, the joys of having the attention span of a goldfish. No matter what I’m shopping for, I put it off until the last minute, and I’m okay with that.